Club V – From 10 years plus – Kidults space
Club V at Vomo Island offers a unique experience for teenagers aged 10+. Featuring the perfect mix of fun and adventure, Club V allows teens to explore their independence while having an unforgettable stay on the island.
The program is packed with activities catering to all interests, such as stand-up paddleboarding, kayaking through stunning waters just offshore and more. For those looking for a more cultural experience, there are also Fijian cooking classes where they can learn traditional recipes or weaving demonstrations, which give them an insight into the local culture. Sporty teens can have fun playing rugby and other fast-paced island sports with our ocean play crew or take on the challenge of our Mt Vomo Charity climb.
In addition to these exciting activities, Club V also features plenty of entertainment options. There is no shortage of fun – from beachfront bonfires, movie nights, and discos to karaoke competitions. It’s their space and ‘me’ time while on holiday.
To ensure we continue to be one of the best places to stay in Fiji with kids we’ve made sure to continue catering for older kids who may not have a strong desire to be seen as a kid anymore. :)
Over the years, we have watched on proudly as our return guest’s children have grown beautifully into young tweens, teens and then young adults themselves.
We’d like to think we’ve played our part in shaping the type of person they’ve become.
Like a rite of passage, we sense when the time comes for our cherished guest babes to leave the safety of our Baby Butlers and Kids Club environs and venture out into the big VOMO world – armed with independence and imagination yet still with a close connection with our staff.
As happens in any Fijian village, we continue to watch our older kids closely as they learn to explore all the island has to offer. At their own pace. In their own time. Our watchful eyes giving them the luxury of freedom while still feeling safe.
Screens down, they’ll be distracted only by the thoughts of tomorrow’s fun.
Top 7 things to do for “but I’m not a kid anymore” tweens and teens.
- Island Kayak Adventures – Exhiliarting guided kayaking tours. Where one of our buddies will guide the trip to mamanuca beach located on the opposite side of the island.
- Fun Fishing Trips – Not a kid anymore? Tell them it’s their turn to provide dinner. We will challenge them with a little handline fishing. Their prize catch is taken to the kitchen if they wish, where it is prepared for their family’s next meal. How very grown up.
- The Survivor Challenge – We take them to a beach and teach them real survivor skills, like building a shelter from materials to be found on the beach, foraging for coconuts and show them how to open and eat one.
- The Amazing Race – This thriller of a game takes your little grown ups through the length and breadth of the island where teams are tested for there teamwork, endurance and agility with challenges such an running down a 15 metre beach with a teacup to fetch water to fill a bucket, or collecting coconuts as a team, and tossing 5 through a hoop before your next clue is given. Lucrutive prize pool at the end.
- For Sporty Sams and Sarahs – We have golf, volleyball, Pani (local game), and touch rugby. Enough to keep their competitive spirits high.
- For the Young Island Artists – Indulge in traditional island culture. To bring out the creative spirit in our teens, we have screen printing and tie dying classes, cooking lessons, kite making, traditional dance lessons and more.
- For the Eco-Warriers – To instil environmental values we teach them how we look after our little piece of mother earth. They will enjoy assisting in coral planting, butterfly fishing counting ( to ascertain the health of the reef), Recycle Art, Beach and reef clean-up.