- GoPlaces61364922333WOW Who would have thought such a small Island in the middle of nowhere could provide such service, food, facilities and fun. Getting there is made easy, the accommodation retains that Fiji charm without compromising luxury. We went there after a few days in Denerau which seemed like a shopping mall and food court by comparison. The island is small and friendly, the staff are unbelievably friendly, right down to the Gardners. They quickly lean your name and preferences and are always smiling. The food is included and it is top knotch. Not endless themed buffets but Al la Carte to suit all. Dining is varied each night to keep you interested. There is a separate dining and pool area that is adults only so you can have peace I’d you want it. There aren’t many kids on the Island so - 01/11/22read moreread less
- Ella765Heaven Our third time at heavenly Vomo. An island which is luxurious, exceeds in service, food and beverage whilst also being the most perfect place for a family holiday. The island itself is absolute heaven. The best service from arrival with Jason, Tim and our divine nanny Vika and the best Bloody Mary we have ever had with Mika. The team is faultless. Seriously special. There is no place like Vomo. See you next year! Steve & Ella Clapham - 01/10/23read moreread less
- Tracey CPerfect. Our fifth time there and all is well with the world! This place just continues to deliver in every way. Consistently excellent every time. Food, rooms, service, beaches, swimming pools, water sports facilities, spa, location, snorkling and diving in stunning clear water over the reefs which are right out the front. Heaven. Even the coffee is perfect. Everything absolutely spot on. Can't wait to return. - 01/12/22read moreread less
- BHCJHQuality time away from it all Justin, Jason and the entire Vomo team make an incredible holiday experience to remember. As a family we have been to Fiji many times staying at various resorts but Vomo is easily the pick of the bunch. The beaches, coral and fish are nothing short of spectacular, with a very good dive team for scuba enthusiasts. The daily free guided snorkeling tour is a must. The food at the resort for both Adults and kids is excellent, certainly more creative and interesting than other Fijian resorts with quality choices aplenty. All non alcohol beverages are included which is a massive plus (mocktails and smoothies are so good) and high end coffee was unexpected but so welcomed. Our room was very well appointed, comfy beds and right on the beach, we have 3 boys and we all had plenty of space in the one bure. For kids - Vomo delivers, kids club is split on age which gives them a better experience in terms of activities and engagement. The ocean team have a great focus on knowledge and education and my kids particularly loved the turtle program. Having a marine biologist on hand was pretty cool. For adults - the highlight is the adult pool which is strictly for adults unlike some other Fijian resorts i have been to, the adjoining restaurant and bar is next level and the view is simply breathtaking - the food and sunset drinks is incredible and not to be missed. Vomo are very clever in finding separation between Adults and kids so you can get your own time when you want it. It is honestly pretty hard to fault the place, despite the resort being full it never felt even remotely crowded. The one thing i loved the most about Vomo is the space, gardens and beaches. Scattered throughout the islands are little nooks with hamocks, day beds in which you can really immerse yourself and escape the everyday. - 01/10/23read moreread less
- Ken SA Luxury Resort with a Big Smile The most wonderful thing about VOMO are the 'always friendly, happy, delightful staff'. Then comes the magic of the resort. We stayed in 'The Beach House', which is a private 'residence' with three King Sized bedroom suites, a 14 metre pool (and a Private Butler) right on the beach. A truly magnificent, quiet and private setting. Nothing was too much trouble. The food was excellent and when we caught fish on a deep sea fishing expedition, the Chef's cooked it all up for us on the same day. Snorkelling, eating, kayaking, fishing and so much more, all made our trip 'Perfect'. It is not cheap ..but you do get what you pay for. Bottom line ..we will return. And that says it all ! Bula !!! - 01/05/23read moreread less
- Stephanie MAmazing as ever! This was our second time on VOMO and it was just as amazing at it was 3yrs ago. We stayed for 5 nights in a Beachside Villa with our 6yr old and 2yr old. We also holidayed with my sister, her husband and their 1yr old who stayed in the villa next to ours. The villa was a perfect size for our family of 4. A cot was set up for our 2yr and the large day bed was made up for our 6yr old. The curtain divided their beds to ours and we all slept very soundly. The bathroom and wardrobe are very generous as is the front deck with deck chairs and table/chairs. You want to pinch yourself every time you look at the view from your villa -green lawn adorned with palm trees onto white sand onto turquoise water. It was the most magical family holiday we could have ever imagined. The staff - 01/11/22read moreread less
- CatherineHWhat a dream. A beautiful island with authentic, kind staff. Hard to say goodbye. My partner and I spent 10 days on Vomo Island. From start to finish, our time felt like a happy little dream. We've been to other outer island resorts in Fiji before as we prefer the private island feel to mainland spots. The sheer size and beauty of Vomo completely blew us away. And I've gotta say, Vomo's majestic size and rugged rawness trumps any other Fiji island we've been to. Being big meant we found there was no shortage of activities to keep us active. Loads of fun things to do in and out of the water. We even enjoyed the gym on a rainy afternoon. It has great equipment. The runny machine was better than the one here at my gym. The beaches were incredible. You have a choice of two and they go forever! If it's a bit choppy or windy on one side you can always make your way to the other. Running up Mt Vomo was definitely a highlight. We succeeded a few times. It was steeper than we expected - and a lot harder! The views of the island from the top were worth every ounce of effort though. My partner and I loved the little 'inner' forest that has a golf course and lovely palms with a ring road. Just so beautiful and green and enough area to get in a 3-4km flat run in if you're up for that. Beyond the beautiful landscape, it was the staff at Vomo Island who truly made our stay great. Their genuine warmth and hospitality made us feel like cherished guests from the moment we arrived. Every interaction was filled with genuine smiles and the utmost care. You do hear this about Fijians in general but Vomo staff are some of the loveliest we've ever met. They are authentically kind and caring and do everything to ensure you're enjoying your stay. Adjusting to island life always takes a little time, but soon enough, we found ourselves fully immersed in the relaxed rhythm of what the guest manager Tim calls "Vomo Life". Waking to a long, beautiful breakfast each morning at no particular time knowing we had no particular plans other than to enjoy great food and beautiful surrounds was such a delight. True freedom from our crazy lives back home. Accommodation was lovely. Our beachfront haven was perfect for us. Waking up to the sound of waves just a few steps away was a daily reminder of just how lucky we were to be in such a magical place. I would love to try and book a residence next time with friends. They do look amazing and I was always very envious walking past the grand entrance ways on the way to The Rocks Bar. But out of our price range! And yes - Rocks Bar was a favourite. I could have easily slept in one of the pool cabanas every night. Nothing to do with too much Pinot Gris! The sunsets were so amazing and better than any photo could depict. There were a few highlights for us that stand out. The traditional Meke performance - and we've seen a few - was so full of life and fun and you could see it truly came from the heart. We loved it. The private picnics on the south beach were nothing short of a romantic fairytale. I could definitely do that every day. We also treated ourselves and booked a Vomo Lailai picnic as well on our second last day. That was the ultimate and a must-do. Having been to Fiji a few times, our stay at Vomo Island Fiji was better than we were expecting. We thought we knew what to expect of Fiji but Vomo certainly ramped our expectations up a notch. The combination of the island's activities, the genuine and beautiful staff, and the idyllic beachfront haven made it one of our favourite getaways to date. Thank you to all the VOMO family for your sincere hospitality. We cannot wait to come back. - 01/05/23read moreread less
- Anita JPure Perfection First time to Fiji and Vomo Island, this magical place exceeded all expectations. A long anticipated 2020 holiday, we finally made it to Vomo Island with our very excited 5year old and 7 year old. Surrounded by coral reef, beautiful walking trails and tropical water temperatures under the perfect Fijian sunshine- you could stay on Vomo forever. The resort has everything covered. The villas are beautiful, clean and well equipped with those extra touches - coffee machine, fully stocked fridge, yoga mats to make it even more special. The Ocean Play was a haven for the children with the hatchlings, turtles, abundance of water activities, daily snorkelling safari and incredible staff. The resort is all inclusive and the food options are extensive and top quality. Very fresh and the attention to detail in the kitchen is incredible. The dining experience at the adults only section offers views and meals to remember for life. The kids village was a hit with the children- the kindest, genuine, caring and entertaining staff I have encountered running a fun filled daily programme. Vomo island is made by the dedicated, friendly and amazing staff. They really made you feel like you were home. The farewell song had me in tears - however it’s a ‘farewell see you again soon song’ and Vomo- I promise we will see you again soon. We have no need to look elsewhere- we have found pure perfection. - 01/05/23read moreread less
- amy sBrilliant I traveled in 2020 but never thought of writing a review till now. The island is truly amazing. The staff are wonderful. The food is delicious. Everything about this place is a delight! Our family has been to a few similar resorts in Fiji that we have loved but this the the best by far. - 01/11/23read moreread less
- CheezelFirst time to Vomo We travel to Fiji several times a year and on this trip we decided to try Vomo Island for the first time. We were not disappointed.
The transfer is smooth, convenient and sees you on the island in around one and a half hours from leaving the Nadi departure lounge. Vomo meets you, takes you on an easy just over 30 minute drive to Vuda Marina where a fast, clean boat is waiting to transport guests to the island. Alternatively, they recommend helicopter from Nadi International, or there is an option to use float plane (this sometimes requires customers to wait extended periods of time before transportation).
On arrival at Vomo the greeting is the normal, friendly Fijian welcome. At this stage I must point out the staff are friendly, relaxed and attentive. A special mention of Tim who we met on another resort years ago, great service, knowledge and help throughout our stay.
Our accommodation was on the hillside, a small but steep climb which was pleasant and offered nice water and foliage views. The room was well appointment and the cleaning done efficiently each day. Bathroom was spacious, decks lovely with nice sunbed and small table and chairs to enjoy. The bedroom was adequate and a curtain can be drawn across for guests with children. The fridge is well stocked with both nibbles and non-alcoholic, complimentary beverages. Loved the cookies given every couple of days to enjoy and the complimentary laundry service is appreciated as the chore of washing clothes becomes tiresome and difficult.
We enjoy walking and made the trip to the yoga platform and around most of the beaches. Didn’t get to Eastern Beach as the rocks were slippery and our footwear inadequate. Some of the climbs are steep and should be done early in the day, when the heat is not excessive. The views from vantage points are spectacular and the grounds on the island are beautifully maintained. There is a small library, TV room (TV’s were not in our room. Although we do not often watch we do like the option especially in inclement weather). Children appear well catered for with a kids club and many smiling staff members occupying the smaller guests. There is even golf for those so inclined.
Off island activities are the normal and we did thoroughly enjoy the picnic. It is on a small, steep island just off Vomo itself. Interesting rock formations, caves and although the beach is small it is beautiful and the water crystal clear. The packed lunch was lovely and the addition of table and chairs on the beach a nice touch.
“The Rocks” is an adults only area. The location is beautiful, the pool luke warm and the view gorgeous. The attention around the pool, by staff, is efficient and friendly and a small van/bus can transport quests if they do not wish to walk. The bar area is pleasant and there is a restaurant with lovely water views. The evening meal is offered, at this stage, twice per week. We ate here once and enjoyed the meal. However, we did not have a memorable lunch and preferred what was available in the main restaurant. This is obviously only our opinion but some more “ordinary” choices would have been appreciated as many were not to our taste. We do dine overseas, including Fiji, extensively.
The main restaurant offers breakfast and includes a cool room. We have not seen this at another resort and it was fantastic keeping food fresh and free of flies. Lovo evening was superb and the service good with attention to detail that is often lacking in Fijian resorts. The meals were good, but not the most memorable part of our stay (Lovo night had an exceptional and decadent dessert choice). A special mention to Zac whose incredible voice we have enjoyed in the past (at a resort we often frequent). Lovely to hear him again and enjoy one of the best voices we have come across in Fiji.
One of our main concerns, before this visit, was that Vomo might be too formal to suit us. Definitely this was not the case. They are relaxed and attentive, while obviously you can dress formally if you so wish, most people are there to step back, enjoy Fiji and the beach/holiday atmosphere. We will definitely be back to Vomo in the future and have no hesitation in recommending it to both families, individuals and couples. - 24/10/19read moreread less
Postal Address: Vomo Island Fiji PO Box 5650 Lautoka Fiji Islands
Phone Reception & Reservations: +679 776 7955
Toll free from Sydney Australia 1800 324 916
Toll free from Auckland New Zealand 0800 900 483