A SIMPLE WAY TO HELP “CURE KIDS” CHARITY. PLUS WIN A RETURN HOLIDAY!
The Mt VOMO Sunrise Charity Run is a fun way for our guests to donate to Cure Kids – a charity organisation that focuses on raising funds to enable medical research to find cures for childhood illnesses. Truly a great cause VOMO is proud to be a part of.
FOUR (4) SIMPLE STEPS TO PARTICIPATE (with GPS) + ONE (1) STEP WITHOUT GPS DEVICE/STRAVA:
- Before Arrival – Pack a Strava compatible GPS running device and if you haven’t one already, set a runners profile on Strava.com and download the app. Please note, for your name to be on the leaderboard on the official Strava segment you have to have your privacy settings for the run set to public viewing. It is also good to ‘star’ the segment as well.
- On Island – Pay the nominal entry fee on the island (all proceeds to Cure Kids – you are welcome to donate more). See the Front Office team for information.
- Run/walk and complete our official designated Strava running segment(course) up Mt VOMO. At sunrise is best. There’s a gorgeous view to reward you at the top.
- Upload your segment run data to Strava and check it’s added to the correct leaderboard. If you’re on social media, don’t forget to hashtag your piccies when you get to the top to share your charitable efforts with others. We aim to raise as much awareness and funds for Cure Kids as possible. Official hashtags #mtvomocharityrun #curekids #sunriserun Also use #vomomoments and #fiji to hook into our Instagram page, and we’ll repost your piccies. We can’t wait to see you smiling on top of our little world!
- WITHOUT GPS DEVICE/STRAVA: In the case your device does not pick up the segment on Strava (it happens) OR you do not want to use Strava we have a simple workaround. To confirm you reached the summit of Mt Vomo, simply take a photo and upload and share to Facebook or Instagram, tag Vomo’s handle @vomofiji (Facebook) and @vomoislandfiji (Instagram) and add hashtag #vomolife. The charity climb registration and payment of the entry fee gives you automatic entry into the random draw
IMPORTANT NOTES TO HELP ENSURE YOUR RUN MATCHES THE STRAVA SEGMENT AND YOUR NAME IS ON THE OFFICIAL LEADERBOARD
- We are at the mercy of technology. Whether your Strava run matches the official “Mt VOMO Charity Run” segment depends on your GPS run data uploaded from your device and/or from the Strava app on your phone and if it matches the segment’s start/finish points. If you use the Strava app directly from your iPhone, you can turn on “live segments” in your settings. This will mean you’ll be able to receive notifications when you start and finish any starred and popular segments the app will pick up. REFER HERE FOR MORE ABOUT SEGMENT MATCHING ISSUES, SO YOU ARE PREPARED.
Guests who participate are automatically in the random draw to win a return holiday to VOMO! (Drawn at the end of each year)
Participate and give yourself a great feeling for helping Cure Kids. A bonus if you win a return holiday too!