Care and Cleanliness – Now and Always – VOMO Safety and Hygiene Procedures
VOMO has always conducted best practices in relation to safety and hygiene to ensure the wellbeing of all guests and staff. In the wake of Covid-19, some procedures will be modified and new practices implemented to ensure even more robust standards.
These will include but not be limited to the following:
- All VOMO staff members undergo touchless temperature checks before departing mainland to island by boat and daily whilst on island
- Guests will receive touchless temperature checks on arrival and upon request throughout their stay
- Touchless check in procedures introduced
- Introduction of higher grade disinfectants
- Higher frequency cleaning of high traffic surfaces including doors, chairs, toilets and communal areas
- Additional sanitisation protocols for cleaning of guest accommodation
- Social distancing guidance in public areas
- A double sterilisation procedure of snorkels and masks. Introduction of personal snorkel and masks for purchase is now available.
- Hand sanitiser provided in each villa and in all public areas
- Isolation capabilities and procedures in the event of any guest becoming ill
- Sterilisation of all recyclable bottles at over 100° Celsius for over 3 minutes at the water bottling plant in a sealed sterile room
- Fijian and Australian Department of Health updates checked regularly to ensure VOMO is continuously following official recommendations
- Human Resources to maintain strict policies to ensure ‘fit for work’ approval is assessed in full, for staff returning to island after any absence